Wednesday, October 3, 2012

...I've Been Negligent...

....but I've also been traveling. In the past week and a half since I last posted, I've seen the Palatine Hill, Roman Forum, the inside of the Colosseum, been to a ballet at the Roman Opera House, seen Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius, and swum in the Mediterranean by the beautiful mountain towns along the Amalfi Coast. I have taken approximately 600 pictures, so I'm feeling a little paralyzed by the amount of catching up that's needed, but I can't wait to share what I've been seeing with you all! Don't be surprised if there's a long series of posts, with one per location, and ubiquitous amounts of photos. Here's a brief sampling from the past week and a half:



In the garden of the Vestal Virgins in the Roman Forum...


Colosseum. Big, bloody, and powerful.


The Opera House in Rome as seen from our gallery seating, before our ballet of Romeo and Juliet began... Beautiful!


Mount Vesuvius... still active!!



Gate in the arena at Pompeii...


The Amalfi Coast. That's Capri in the distance... it really was that blue. *sigh*


Abundance of grapes growing in the terraced vineyards in Agerola on the Amalfi Coast. 

...and there's just so much more to show, and so many stories to tell! Hope you enjoyed the brief sampling--there's more to come. 




No comments:

Post a Comment